More Dopamine = More Productivity. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that our brain produces to stimulate us to do something. This is the main reason why we can concentrate and achieve great results. If you want to be productive and get things done, here are a few ways to boost your dopamine levels.
1. The joy of knowing – Dopamine is produced every time we find something new and amazing.
2. Satisfaction from completing tasks – Dopamine is also released when you have completed something, no matter how big or small.
3. Music – Research shows that if you listen to music you really enjoy, your brain generates dopamine in response.
4. Tyrosine – is a building block of dopamine, so the maintenance of this amino acid in the body is quite important. The richest foods in tyrosine: Almond, Avocado, Bananas, Beef, Chocolate, Coffee, Eggs, Green tea, Milk, Watermelon, Yogurt
5. The harm of lipopolysaccharides, also called endotoxins, they drastically reduce dopamine production. How to keep their number normal? Eat more foods that contain probiotics. Get enough sleep. Eat less fatty and sweet foods.
6. Move more – Exercise relieves stress and helps you focus as much as possible. To make your activities enjoyable, your brain releases pleasure hormones such as endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine. Walking the dog and climbing the stairs instead of the elevator are also suitable.
7. Achievements ruler or checkmarks – This is a kind of visual reminder showing what you have achieved. If you have done something important during the day, tick the box. A series of checkmarks will make your brain rejoice, just like a checklist of small tasks.
8. Hobby – Have you noticed that during your creative work you are more focused than ever and feel like you can move mountains? You are in a so-called “flow,” and dopamine helps you achieve the results you want. You can get a dose of this hormone through a hobby like photography, painting, or even fixing your car.
9. Meditation – Sometimes, in order to do something, you have to do nothing. It is best if you are not doing anything physically, but at this time your mind is trying to sort your thoughts.
10. Nutritional supplements – You can stimulate your brain to produce this hormone with Curcumin, Ginkgo biloba, L-theanine (found in green tea). Acetyl-L-Tyrosine.
Dopamine is an addictive chemical but in a good way. It motivates you to do the things you need to do, even the things you don’t like doing.
And how do you get your daily dose of dopamine?